LL Cool J burglar charged
Jonathan A. Kirby, the man who broke into LL Cool J’s home Wednesday morning, has been charged with first degree burglary and may be facing life in prison.
Posted on August 24th, 2012, 4:30am
The man who attempted to burglarize LL Cool J may be facing life in prison.
Jonathan A. Kirby, a 56-year-old transient who is said to be mentally ill, was arrested yesterday after breaking into the rapper’s Los Angeles family home.
TMZ reports that Jonathan has now been formally charged with first-degree burglary and may potentially spend a lifetime in jail if convicted.
Jonathan is a third strike offender and in the state of California he automatically qualifies for 38 years to the end of his natural life for this offense.
Prosecutors on the case have asked that the court set the looter’s bail at $1.1 million.
At around 1AM on Wednesday morning LL, who was upstairs, heard an odd noise. When he walked downstairs he spotted the robber, who managed to set off the home alarm system, and then immediately took him down.
In the scuffle the intruder apparently sustained a broken jaw and nose. The man is thought to be a mentally unstable transient. He is now in hospital receiving treatment for his injuries.
LL and his clan are unharmed.
© Cover Media
Keywords: LL Cool J
- Maksim quits DWTS
- Chris and Gwyneth’s “comfortable” date
- Kiefer Sutherland is a ‘gentleman’
- Zac Efron: I'm finally happy
- Louis 'upset with Zayn's no-show'
- Hale's creepy Hanson love
- Dolly Parton: I'm a nomad
- Ellen 'wants kids when things slow down'
- Nicole Richie on motherhood lessons
- Paltrow 'feels bad for former flame'
- Kim K's dolphin memories for North
- Anna Camp praises Pitch Perfect
- Maggie: Latest role wasn't easy
- Chris Pratt had the 'spirit' for Guardians
- Cooper ‘trained at Burger King’
- Jagger’s ‘sparkling birthday brunch’