LL Cool J burglar charged
Jonathan A. Kirby, the man who broke into LL Cool J’s home Wednesday morning, has been charged with first degree burglary and may be facing life in prison.
Posted on August 24th, 2012, 4:30am
The man who attempted to burglarize LL Cool J may be facing life in prison.
Jonathan A. Kirby, a 56-year-old transient who is said to be mentally ill, was arrested yesterday after breaking into the rapper’s Los Angeles family home.
TMZ reports that Jonathan has now been formally charged with first-degree burglary and may potentially spend a lifetime in jail if convicted.
Jonathan is a third strike offender and in the state of California he automatically qualifies for 38 years to the end of his natural life for this offense.
Prosecutors on the case have asked that the court set the looter’s bail at $1.1 million.
At around 1AM on Wednesday morning LL, who was upstairs, heard an odd noise. When he walked downstairs he spotted the robber, who managed to set off the home alarm system, and then immediately took him down.
In the scuffle the intruder apparently sustained a broken jaw and nose. The man is thought to be a mentally unstable transient. He is now in hospital receiving treatment for his injuries.
LL and his clan are unharmed.
© Cover Media
Keywords: LL Cool J
- Cameron Diaz slams swear jar racket
- Emily Blunt: Acting's not my all
- Diane Keaton: RiRi rocks
- Jennifer Aniston: I treasure handmade gifts
- Pamela Anderson's 'holiday hopes'
- Ben Stiller: Museum monkey is a diva
- James Corden: I'm like a stroppy child
- Nick Cannon 'planning Christmas surprises for Mariah'
- Ronson will always remember Winehouse
- Ansel Elgort: I like girls!
- Emma Stone: I carve my own career
- Chris Rock: Sony thing is scary
- Sienna: Keira’s perfect parent
- Stevie Wonder welcomes ninth child
- Wladimir recalls great year with Hayden
- Mel B’s husband: I love my wife