Rihanna tried to befriend awkward producer
Rihanna is “well friendly”, says her collaborator Calvin Harris.
Posted on July 27th, 2012, 2:30pm
Rihanna wanted to hang out with a top music producer but he was “too awkward” to take her up on the offer.
The singer worked with Calvin Harris on her smash hit We Found Love, which he wrote and produced. He was impressed with how kind Rihanna was, although he found himself getting embarrassed around her.
“Not very at all, but that’s my own fault because I’m really awkward around her,” he told Q magazine, when asked if he is close to her. “It’s bad. She’s tried. She’s like, ‘Yeah, come on and hang out in my dressing room.’ I’m like, ‘Arrrgh!’ I mean, what do I say to Rihanna? There’s nothing! She’s great, she’s well friendly, she’s nice, I see that. But… I can’t.”
Calvin initially wrote the song for himself, but later realized Rihanna was the perfect choice to perform it. She worked on the track after other artists turned it down, although Calvin won’t say who they were.
He can vividly recall the first time We Found Love was played to Rihanna’s label bosses, as he was terrified.
“I remember that it was very loud,” he said. “All the label were sat there. I just remember thinking, ‘I hope all these f**kers like it. I hope they understand what it is.’”
© Cover Media
Keywords: Rihanna, Calvin Harris
- Jake Gyllenhaal 'dating another SI model'
- Lindsay Lohan 'to move rehab again'
- The Wanted fined for mansion destruction
- Russell Brand: I’m a predator
- Hollywood mourns James Gandolfini
- James Gandolfini dead
- Kylie Minogue: There are no shortcuts to expertise
- Cher: I would have auditioned for The Voice
- Blake Shelton ‘drinking his face off’ at birthday
- Selena Gomez and Ed Sheeran ‘hooking up’?
- Katie Holmes ‘lying low with love’
- Ne-Yo: Beyoncé Knowles figuring out album
- Kim Kardashian labor induced for safety
- Felicity Jones: I'm a romantic
- Olivia Munn: I was inspired by sitcom star
- Ian Somerhalder: Women want too much