Rihanna tried to befriend awkward producer
Rihanna is “well friendly”, says her collaborator Calvin Harris.
Posted on July 27th, 2012, 2:30pm
Rihanna wanted to hang out with a top music producer but he was “too awkward” to take her up on the offer.
The singer worked with Calvin Harris on her smash hit We Found Love, which he wrote and produced. He was impressed with how kind Rihanna was, although he found himself getting embarrassed around her.
“Not very at all, but that’s my own fault because I’m really awkward around her,” he told Q magazine, when asked if he is close to her. “It’s bad. She’s tried. She’s like, ‘Yeah, come on and hang out in my dressing room.’ I’m like, ‘Arrrgh!’ I mean, what do I say to Rihanna? There’s nothing! She’s great, she’s well friendly, she’s nice, I see that. But… I can’t.”
Calvin initially wrote the song for himself, but later realized Rihanna was the perfect choice to perform it. She worked on the track after other artists turned it down, although Calvin won’t say who they were.
He can vividly recall the first time We Found Love was played to Rihanna’s label bosses, as he was terrified.
“I remember that it was very loud,” he said. “All the label were sat there. I just remember thinking, ‘I hope all these f**kers like it. I hope they understand what it is.’”
© Cover Media
Keywords: Rihanna, Calvin Harris
- J-Law and Chris''private getaway'
- Britney 'blows $30,000 on her dogs'
- Helen Mirren: I wanted to be a French star
- Lucy Hale's toilet trauma
- J.Lo: I'm on a manhunt
- Jaime King: Don't put me in a box
- 50 Cent, son get matching cars
- 5SOS ‘maturing’ on next album
- Ashlee, Evan’s ‘farewell barbecue’
- Brangelina’s ‘relaxed’ wedding
- Chance meets Kanye West
- Rivers’ loved ones ‘shocked’
- Dunst breaks silence on nude photo leak
- Gaga: I love you monsters
- Danes: I appreciate the ugly
- Lily Allen slams ‘obsessive society’