Michael Bublé: It's a boy
Michael Bublé has announced he and his wife are expecting a baby boy.
Posted on March 14th, 2013, 8:00am
Michael Bublé and his wife are expecting a baby boy.
The Canadian crooner and Argentine actress-and-model Luisana Lopilato confirmed they were to become parents at the beginning of the year.
Earlier this week Michael admitted he wanted the gender of the new arrival to remain a surprise, but didn't think that would happen because Luisana was desperate to find out. He's now confirmed their bundle of joy is male.
"We are so excited. We have just come from the hospital, and the sonogram was pretty clear, it’s a boy! We are thrilled," he told New York Post.
Yesterday, Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected the new Pope of the Catholic Church and announced he is taking the name Francis.
Michael explained the religious news was actually the reason why he and his wife decided to find out their baby's gender. Luisana felt that the fact the new Pope hailed from her home country was vitally important.
"She said, ‘It is a sign!’ But there’s no way we are going to call him Frank, even if it did work well for Frank Sinatra," he giggled.
As recently as last week, Michael was still adamant he didn't want to know what gender his child was until the tot was born.
"The truth is guys, I don't want to know. Listen to me namedropping, but I had dinner with Sean Penn last night and he didn't want to know and he was thrilled when he found out. For me, I didn't want to know, but it turns out my wife is the boss of everything, so she decided what I would find out and what I wouldn't. So I didn't have a choice," he laughed.
© Cover Media
Keywords: Michael Bublé
- Common's best actor Oscar dream
- Ethan Hawke: Stage fright worried me
- DiCaprio 'after Styles for film role'
- Hathaway's burnt butt
- Mark Ronson: Interessiert sich noch jemand für mich?!
- Meat Loaf: Moderne Musiker haben ein Verfallsdatum
- Rihanna: Jahrhundertmoment mit Paul McCartney
- Mark Ronson: I've dropped DJ element
- Meat Loaf misses quality music
- Douglas Booth's A-list bathroom bother
- Rihanna overwhelmed by McCartney performance
- Gwen Stefani: Nein, Pharrell war nie mein Lover!
- Bruce Jenner: Erste Worte nach dem Horror-Crash
- Rosie O'Donnell: Der Stress wurde zu viel
- Bruce shares sympathies for accident victim