Liza Minnelli rules out marriage
Liza Minnelli wants to date a 19-year-old man whose name she “doesn’t know”.
Posted on April 24th, 2012, 8:30am
Liza Minnelli swears she will never marry again.
The 66-year-old actress has been married and divorced four times. But she insists there is no way she’ll be tying the knot for a fifth time.
“No, why?” she told Access Hollywood.
“No, these days why get married? Nobody else does.”
Liza is known for being quick to walk down the aisle.
Her first marriage was to Peter Allen in 1967. They divorced in 1974 and she wed Jack Haley Jr. later the same year. She ended her marriage to Jack in 1979 then later that year tied the knot with Mark Gero and stayed with him until their divorce in 1992. She was also married to David Gest for five years from 2002.
The Cabaret star has no desire to go through all the pain of a serious relationship again.
“Honey if you even hear that I’m getting married, hit me over the head and take me out, just get me out,” she said.
Liza insists she is happily single. She also jokes that she would like a few boyfriends.
“I think the perfect thing is an older guy, very suave, very handsome with a lot of money... then a younger guy who is passionate about things and is just alive... then a 19-year-old whose name I don’t even know,” she quipped.
© Cover Media
Keywords: David Gest, Liza Minnelli, Peter Allen, Jack Haley Jr., Mark Gero
- Tori Spelling 'fighting for marriage'
- Nic Cage talks comic 'obsession'
- Nicki Minaj 'wants wedding in a hot tub'
- Peaches 'settled' before death
- Dannii Minogue: I kidnap Kylie
- Beyoncé ‘gym buddies’ with Sir Paul
- Kardashians settle suit with stepmother
- Stefani ‘joins The Voice’
- Stars give back on Good Friday
- Foxx ‘starstruck’ by Berry
- Paltrow’s ‘girls night’
- Idris Elba is father again
- Jay Z’s jewelry ‘refers to family’
- Michelle Monaghan defends True Detective
- Jen An ‘unhappy about fiancé’s past’
- Kim ‘overwhelmed by wedding stress’