Janet Jackson has ‘issues’ with weight loss
Janet Jackson has spoken about her lifelong struggle with weight loss and why at times her emotions compel her to eat.
Posted on December 24th, 2011, 11:00am
(Cover) - US Showbiz - Janet Jackson admits that her weight has been a lifelong problem.
The 45-year-old singer who is now dieting program Nutrisystem’s official spokeswoman has struggled to maintain a healthy frame since childhood.
Janet hopes that speaking out publicly about her difficulties will inspire others who may be in similar predicaments.
"[My weight] is something I've dealt with all my life, and it's been an issue for me," Janet told Us Weekly. "People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire to and becoming unhealthy."
Janet has lost significant weight in recent months. The singer is not tediously tracking the number of pounds she shed, as being physically fit is her only desire.
“[I don’t] want to put a number on [how many] pounds I want to lose or have lost,” she explained. “[I feel] good. This is where I want to be. I still have a ways to go, and there's not a lot that I want to lose. But I'll know it when I reach it."
Food has always been an emotional crutch for Janet when times get rough.
"When I'm down or really stressed, I eat because that's my comfort place," Janet revealed. "I've had a problem with my body image. So that's why it's really, really important to get to where you really feel comfortable. You need to look at yourself and say, 'I like this, I feel good about this. I feel healthy, I feel strong, and this is where I want to be.'"
Janet is confident that she will reach her fitness goals in the New Year.
"I have a little ways to go to get healthy and to feel the best that I know I can feel," she said. "I know I'm on my way to success."
© Cover Media
Keywords: Janet Jackson
- Nick Jonas on ‘feeling trapped’
- Tom Petty talks ‘hypnotized generation’
- Megan Fox: I’m an outcast
- Pratt talks ‘80s alter ego’
- Lily Allen ‘going into shutdown mode’
- Minnie Driver ‘fosters service’
- Kesha: I am a rainbow
- Bieber to receive award for charity work
- Applegate: I’ve become a dance mom
- Bullock ‘wants to leave Hollywood’
- Portia ‘wants kids with Ellen’
- Diaz ‘already talking about marriage’
- Baldwin refuses to apologize for cursing
- Kelsey Grammer welcomes son
- Kevin McHale's weather wish
- Somerhalder likes women with moves