Elton John fears for ‘stigmatized’ son
Sir Elton John has gushed that son Zachary has brought him and his partner David Furnish “much love”.
Posted on February 10th, 2012, 11:00am
Elton John and David Furnish are worried their son Zachary will be “stigmatized”.
The couple became parents with the help of a surrogate mother in 2011 and admit their family life will be challenging.
Elton and David are getting support from a counsellor because they fear Zachary will fall victim to prejudice.
"I think he’s going to have a lot of attention thrust upon him. He’s going to be potentially doubly stigmatized, because one of his parents is extremely famous and because he comes from two dads,” David told UK magazine Attitude. “We’ve taken advice from counsellors. We’ve put a whole scrapbook together about his creation, the people who were involved in the process and how the intent was about love. We’re going to raise him to be proud of who he is.”
The couple also spoke about how joyful their first year as parents has been.
Legendary musician Elton said that raising their son together has brought them even closer as a couple.
He gushed that having Zachary has given him a fresh outlook on life.
“We have had the most incredible year with him. I can’t tell you how brilliant this year has been and how much love he’s brought us and how much we’re getting,” he said. “We thought that the civil partnership brought us together, but having a child has been magnificent, and I never thought I would have a kid. I don’t feel 65, which I will be next year. Now, having a kid there’s so much more to do. There’s so much more I want to see happen before I die.”
© Cover Media
Keywords: Elton John, David Furnish,
- Kanye: I'm sorry for being moody
- Rick Ross roots for Drake
- Jen Aniston: Laughter keeps me strong
- Kelly O ‘finding family health scares hard’
- Bosworth busy making movie babies
- Becks: Harper calls me chubby!
- Ellie Goulding: No one knows my name!
- Bob Odenkirk: Better Call Saul will deliver
- Lucy Hale: My golf cart has attitude!
- Bieber: I care about what people think
- Lana Del Rey ‘caught crying following romance row’
- Sam Smith on his ‘dodgy one-night stands’
- LiLo’s prosecutors ‘requesting medical records’
- Sean Penn ‘surprised to be in love’
- Robin Wright ‘engaged to Ben again’
- Cobie Smulders gives birth