Barbra Streisand ‘planning Adele duet’
Rihanna was apparently “dancing up a storm” at club in New York City on Saturday night.
Posted on May 14th, 2012, 8:30am
Barbra Streisand is reportedly in talks to duet with stars including Rihanna and Adele.
The music legend recently agreed to extend her contract with Sony Music in a deal worth a reported $30 million. In the wake of the talks, music bosses are believed to be eager for Barbra to collaborate with a host of pop’s hottest artists.
According to New York Post, label executives think working with younger stars could attract a new generation of fans to Barbra’s work.
“Streisand has been approached by label execs to record an album of duets with young, hip artists, including Adele and Rihanna. Industry sources say the move would aim to [boost] Babs’ appeal with more youthful record buyers beyond core Streisand fans,” the publication reports.
Sony bosses are believed to have been inspired by Tony Bennett’s decision to release an album of collaborations with stars such as Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse last year.
Meanwhile, Rihanna seems to have recovered from her health scare last week.
The Bajan-born singer was taken to hospital after the Met Gala on Monday and later revealed she had been treated for flu.
Rihanna was spotted partying on Saturday night at the Greenhouse nightclub in New York City.
The 24-year-old star arrived at 2am and “was dancing up a storm”, reports New York Post.
She enjoyed herself so much that the DJs agreed to carry on playing music after the club’s usual closing time of 4am.
The party was also attended by the rapper Flo Rida.
© Cover Media
Keywords: Adele, Rihanna, Barbra Streisand
- Lange ‘fascinated by freak shows’
- Martin, JLaw ‘respectful of Paltrow’
- Gosling, Mendes enjoy ‘perfect’ baby girl
- McCarthy’s wedding ring missing
- Duff ‘strong and fierce’
- Apatow lands Netflix deal
- Crystal: Remembering Robin was hard
- Washington: I want to empower
- Miley 'wants to be greater than Gaga'
- Ashley Roberts' dolphin dream
- Rihanna slams CBS for pulling track
- Lily Collins loves awkward rom-coms
- Katy Perry tops MTV EMA noms
- Douglas Booth's steamy showers
- Duchess 'planning five children'
- Liam Neeson: I miss Irish cheese